ARCC Thailand Preliminary
Due to the amount of content available for the day stage, we have had to adjust the competition timing for ARCC. As a result only 5 finalists will be competing instead of the original 10 as stated previously.
The shortlisted teams are (in no particular order):
- Treasure Hunter
- Imagine No Limit
- TRYHARD BOYS
- Good Midnight
Our organising team will be contacting you separately with further details! Good luck, see you at AFA Thailand.
Anime Festival Asia Thailand 2015 will be hosting the preliminary round of AFA Regional Cosplay Championship. The competition to find the best cosplayers in South-East Asia. . For any question you may have regarding the rules, please contact us at contact email.
- Competition date: 1 May 2015
- The winner will continue to compete in ARCC Finals in Singapore.
- Restricted to Japanese* intellectual property including, but not limited to, anime, comics, game, novel (*Any game, comic, animation…etc. produced in Japanese language including adaptions e.g. Japanese made anime of Ironman)
- Characters in the group must be from the same intellectual property
- Participants are to provide the title of the intellectual property and name and picture of the character which they are cosplaying.
- Each participation entry must have a team/performance name
- Competition is open to those residing Thailand only.
- Each group is restricted to 2 cosplayers
- Participants under the legal age will require consent from a parent or guardian to enter the tournament
- AFA has the right to use images, video clips of participant’s cosplay and performances prior and after the tournament.
- Each group’s performance on stage is limited to 3 minutes not including preparation and setting up time for sets
- Preparation and setting up of sets is limited to 1 minute
- Costumes can be self-made, commissioned, purchased. Commissioned, purchased costumes will have to bear a handicap (refer to judging guidelines)
- Contestants are to provide music/video clips to be played in the background during their performances. The following are allowed but must be credited to the intellectual property rights owner:
- Original animation extracted from the title
- Voices of original voice actors
- Songs with voices of original singers
- Full music or portion of music from the title
- The use of pyrotechnics, powder, confetti or any other item that can cause fire hazard or dirty the stage is strictly prohibited.
- Contestants may bring their own sets/stage props to be used in the performance. Each competing category is limited to maximum 3 pieces of set and they have to be declared to the organizer upon confirmation of contestants as finalists prior to the tournament. The setting up of sets must be manageable by 2 contestants + 2 female helpers.
- The combined dimension of the sets when set up should not exceed 2m. X 2m. X 2m.
- Contestants are to engage their own helpers, limited to 2 helpers, to aid them in preparation, setting up for their performance.
- Participants will be judged based on photos and 30 second video of draft performance. Digitally edited photos will bear a score-penalty determined by a case-to-case basis.Wearing at least 50% of costume in video is required.
- Costume Workmanship – 40%
- Draft Performance – 60%
- Costume accuracy – 15%
- Reference pictures provided by the finalists will be used to compare with the costume in the back stage before the performances.
- In character –15%
- Character write-up other media provided by the finalists will be used to compare with the finalist’s character acting.
- Showmanship– 35%
- The finalist will be judged on the stage directions, movement, and entertainment value of the performance piece.
- Entertainment value will take up 15% of the performance score.
- Technical directions will take up 10% of performance score.
- The effective and appropriate use of backdrop video will take up 10%.
- Costume workmanship – 25%
- The quality of the costume will be reviewed in backstage before the performance.
- For commissioned costumes, the participating group will have to bear a 15% handicap on the scoring
- For purchased costumes, the participating group will have to bear a 20% handicap on the scoring
- Choice of character – 10%
- The score will be on whether the character is suitable for the contestant.
- Costume accuracy – 15%